Applicants to the TESL program will include individuals who are:
- fluent speakers of English
- hold the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree
- MA graduates from the University of Kentucky or another university
- currently enrolled in a UK world language or education program
- classroom teachers seeking professional development
- second-career professionals
- international students
- Completion of application questionnaire (Applicants are encouraged to attach their CV/resume and a personal statement.)
- For non-native speakers of English: Applicants who are native speakers of a language other than English must demonstrate proficiency in English with a rating of a TOEFL iBT score of 88.
- For native speakers of English: Evidence of four semesters of college level instruction in a second language, or its equivalent.
- minimum 2.75 overall undergraduate GPA, and a minimum 3.0 GPA in any previous graduate work
- 3 letters of recommendation
- interview by a member of the program faculty
All program inquiries should be addressed to:
Application: TESL MA applications are processed through the Graduate School.
- Fall semester admission– April 15
- Spring semester admission- September 15
Concurrent Degree: The TESL program can be combined with any MCLLC MA Program