The Chinese program at the University of Kentucky is dedicated to preparing students for the twenty-first century with a solid foundation in Chinese language and culture. We offer four years of language instruction, at the beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels; culture, literature, and film courses on modern and traditional culture; courses in linguistics and literary Chinese to deepen your understanding of the language; study abroad opportunities all over China and Taiwan; and opportunities for interdisciplinary studies within the major and minor.
I Need To...
- Find a conversation partner to practice my Chinese.
- Find more information about the Chinese Placement Test.
- Find up-to-date information about the program, curriculum, and major and minor requirements.
- Find information about scholarships and funding for study abroad.
- Find information about graduate programs in Chinese Studies and Asian/East Asian Studies.
- Find out what courses will be offered in Spring 2014.
- Find out what courses will be offered in Fall 2014.
- Find upcoming events related to China and Chinese Studies at UK and other Kentucky universities.
- Find contact information for a professor or TA.
For all other inquiries, please use the search menu to the right.
Officers of the Department of Modern & Classical Languages, Literatures and Cultures are:
- MCLLC Chair -Jeanmarie Rouhier-Willoughby (email@example.com)
- MCLLC Associate Chair - Harald Höbusch (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MCLLC Director of Undergraduate Studies - Jeff Rogers (email@example.com)
- MCLLC Director of Graduate Studies - Milena Minkova (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1055 Patterson Office Tower
University of Kentucky
Lexington KY 40506-0027