The Chinese program at the University of Kentucky is dedicated to preparing students for the twenty-first century with a solid foundation in Chinese language and culture. We offer four years of language instruction, at the beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels; culture, literature, and film courses on modern and traditional culture; courses in linguistics and literary Chinese to deepen your understanding of the language; study abroad opportunities all over China and Taiwan; and opportunities for interdisciplinary studies within the major and minor.
I Need To...
- Find a conversation partner to practice my Chinese.
- Find more information about the Chinese Placement Test.
- Find up-to-date information about the program, curriculum, and major and minor requirements.
- Find information about scholarships and funding for study abroad.
- Find information about graduate programs in Chinese Studies and Asian/East Asian Studies.
- Find out what courses will be offered in Fall 2013 and Spring 2014.
- Find out what courses will be offered in Fall 2014.
- Find upcoming events related to China and Chinese Studies at UK and other Kentucky universities.
- Find contact information for a professor.
For all other inquiries, please use the search menu to the right.
For more information on the Program, contact:
Professor Matthew Wells
Assistant Professor of Chinese
Director of Undergraduate Studies for Chinese
1035 Patterson Office Tower
Fall office hours: M 1-2, W 3-4